Do you want to get a free copy of my new Sci-Fi novel, Star Riders, to read and review? Now’s the time to let me know by email.
As of today, I am 75% done with the final sweep through the revised version, and I fully expect to be ready by Wednesday (possibly Tuesday!) to send out the pre-publication version for volunteer Beta-readers to read and critique.
So what does it mean to be a Beta-Reader? You will be helping me make this novel the best I can, before I launch it for sale on Amazon. Here’s how it will work:
- I’ll send you a free electronic version of the book, either Kindle format, or PDF.
- You read it (or as much as you can get through in four weeks).
- You fill out a questionnaire to give me specific feedback.
- I thank you profusely, and use your feedback to make updates.
- You get a call-out in the Acknowledgements section of the final book.
- When the final book launches on Amazon, you can get a free copy in Kindle format.
So if that sounds like something you could help me with, just send an email now to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following information:
- Your name
- Which format you prefer: PDF or Kindle
Then I’ll send you the novel on Wednesday (or Tuesday!), and you can start reading. If you need help getting it loaded onto your Kindle, iPad, or whatever, I can help with that. It would also be nice if you clicked the “Follow” button at the right, so you’re sure to get any updates to this blog.
Now, I also need to say that I want your HONEST critique of the book. I promise not to be offended if you don’t like it and tell me so. After all, I already know it’s the best thing ever written in the history of the world, and I don’t need you to tell me that. What I need you for is to tell me it’s the most stinking pile of rubbish you’ve ever had to slog through. Just please be specific on what made it stink so bad, so I can fix it.